2.14.2004

I started receiving David's newsletter when I found him online due to his work on Lenore Kandel, a female beat poet largely forgotten -- as many female poets -- for her erotic content and personal health problems (chronic pain resulting from an old motorcycle accident, which keeps her from "circulation"), and because, despite her pretty chapbooks, she only had one mass market publication (on Grove, naturally).

I am interested in publishing a Selected and New of hers on my naescent press, in 8 1/2 x 11 laminated cover version.

You can sign up for it too from his website. Sexuality.org's a huge clearinghouse, he's got many individual pages there.


COMES NATURALLY #145 (February 13, 2004)
Copyright © 2004 David Steinberg



DON'T WORRY: EVERYTHING'S UNDER CONTROL



Oh you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned: When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned.
-- Leonard Cohen


There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
-- also Leonard Cohen

[about ten paragraphs omitted]

"I want this," poet Lenore Kandel says of powerful sex in her typically wise
"Love-Lust Poem." "I want our bodies sleek with sweat, whispering, biting,
sucking. I want the way it wraps around us and pulls us incredibly together. I
want to come and come and come with your arms holding me tight against you. I
want you to explode that hot spurt of pleasure inside me, and I want to lie
there with you, smelling the good smell of fuck that's all over us, and you kiss
me with that aching sweetness, and there is no end to love."


[If you'd like to receive Comes Naturally and other writing by David
Steinberg regularly via email (free and confidential), send your name and email
address to David at . Past columns are available at the Society for
Human Sexuality's "David Steinberg Archives": .
Three books edited by David -- "Erotic by Nature: A Celebration of Life, of
Love, and of Our Wonderful Bodies," "The Erotic Impulse: Honoring the Sensual
Self," and the just-released photo anthology, "Photo Sex: Fine Art Sexual
Photography comes of Age" -- are available from him by mail order. Descriptions and
ordering information are posted at ,
, and .]



David Steinberg
P.O. Box 2992
Santa Cruz, CA 95063
(831) 426-7082
eronat@aol.com





No comments: