Yeah, Dr. Mongo is constantly tinkering with his older
poems. I think that the weblog has facilitated this. I've
heard recordings of the Doctor reciting Penitentary many
years ago. It is different now. He is constantly reworking.

Catherine wrote:
> thanks for the heads up; I obviously don't check
> friendster (or update my blog @
> http://cadaly.blogspot.com) very often...
>
> interesting entry in the dabate I've had with
> present and former students who slam
> about "signature poems", memorizing "early"
> works, and how that acts on one's writing as a
> whole --
>
>
>
> Preterosso wrote:
> > I host a number of weblogs on my webserver.
> You might
> > be interested in this one. It is the poetry of
> a friend of
> > mine. A older black poet, Dr. Mongo Tari-
> bubu. It can be
> > found at:
> >
> > http://drmongo.kicks-ass.org/
> >
> > I think that he really doesn't like the domain
> name. But the
> > dynamic dns organization that I use mostly has
> some really
> > bad domain options. He is great to hear in
> person. The
> > first time I heard him, I had my mobile caffe,
> Caffe Vivaldi,
> > at an underground club. He recited his
> signature poem,
> > Penitentiary, to me one on one. It was awesome.
> >
> > ¿michael?

Comments

Popular Posts