I deeply regret that I will be unable to accept your Technical Communication Fellowship.

After discussions with my family, I believe that while I could benefit in many ways from the opportunity you have offered to me, I find myself unable to make the necessary financial commitments for more than a single term.

I was excited to learn that I was offered an appointment, and am grateful to you and your department for recognizing that an MFA with significant book and electronic publication and 15 years of corporate IT experience can be qualified for a post doc in technical communication. I admit I was disappointed to learn I could not meet my own needs for a full year (or more) while developing and teaching upper division courses, and developing software applications to support those courses in the new major, as I would love to do.

I look forward to continuing to hear about developments in your programs and department. I have no doubt that they will come to my attention, as I have known Tom Lux since he taught at Sarah Lawrence, and he maintains a quite extensive network in Los Angeles through his wife (we all share many former students and friends), and, as I learned through the interviewing process, that N. Katherine Hayles’ network extends to Atlanta.

Comments

Popular Posts