Jut back from NY. Was very sick, still am, spent allmost all my non-reading time in the hotel room,

but I was also unfortunately reminded that my new fondness for Los Angeles has been based on the fact that I have not been able to travel anywhere else for a significant period of time.

In short, this reading "tour" is reminding me how very much I prefer pretty much anywhere to LA.

Posted this to the poetics list -- I'm reposting here, as much of the stuff here is based on e-mails I send --

Voice Recognition Poetry

there's quite a lot of voice recognition poetry out there

I've got some at Puppyflowers (4, the sound issue) --

I fed tongue twisters through, and some stuff I actually wrote, some of that based on some language acquisition exercise books from the 60s that I bought at a teacher supply house which supplies a lot of vintage school stuff to set dressers --

I also used the foreign accents -- I had the voice recognition recognize the computer reader avatars with the different accents, and an assortment of machine translation into German, French... and kept looping the material through the readers and voice recognition -- there are lovely passages from my parrot, who was going a little wild during the whole experiment, there is a lot of interference from riffling pages and the voice recognition software translating the sounds of typing in with the words

all in all, it depends how you've trained your voice recognition program, and -- of course it was picking up a lot of habits as I was doing this -- I tried to keep it as dumb / coach it as little as possible -- what this revealed was just how brand and product conscious it was coded to be -- kept dropping brand names and (mostly computer) company names into the text, which, as I mentioned, was originally this noun-rich sonic environment for little kids

Walking around the room

The the the and the from the the the the the if the if the the the the the the the the the the the fact that the fed the new to the if the the the the the the the if the the the the and that the the But the the the if the or the if there if the if the the the a a a the the a a a a a a half a if if he a half off if if a half a half the if the the the his own thing of the the a

Riffling through papers

The the if if if the fed the” if the if an if the if the from the a file an a thing

Interruption of the parrot

that Curtin and her name warm room group on these different in the special emphasis on him and procedure have pupils look at first were left then the two words on me the wrong house with two were they weren’t and to this mean three letters and seems as the word the have and draw from the quarter were continuing this man to me after the more things can happen to him the big words, gryphon be so excited with an emergency situation should supply for Olson’s season and

Interaction of the parent

But that Curtin entry name will warm room group on these different in the special emphasis on him and procedure have people’s look at first row (two words on the the wrong house with two were they wore to end to this mean three letters or song is as at a war in the house ROM from the quarter and the workings of
This means me after this war means to have in the words Griffin be so excited with him were to see situation shouldn’t supply for Olson’s season

Interruption of the Ferret

the curtain and the new womb room group

Comments

Popular Posts