combining 4) & 5), I think it is not as though the collins is more teachable, but it is more taught; I think the padgett is teachable -- also simply that it is poetry and it is teachable in a context of teaching writingpoetry not teaching writing a poemand a poem and a poem

this makes me think of kenneth koch's teaching poetry books for elderly people (back when they were truly elderly? back when they were in institutional environments for alonger period? -- dunno) and for children -- he was careful to separate the poems written according to these menthods from real poems in many ways, and I wonder why or how -- this sort of reminds me of a local writing teacher who has people interminably in "intro" courses and then slowly "progressing" of course never to the point where they are encouraged to out perform? outgrow? the teacher?

Comments

Popular Posts