back when I started working on the hello kitty series, I learned about Jamie Scholnick, a local artist who has done a hello kitty piece, through an e-mail Teka Lark Lo posted to a local poetry listserv.

in this e-mail, Teka refers to Jamie Scholnick as "this guy"

the e-mail is posted somewhere here

in any case, at the time I went to the Jamie Scholnick site for the project, I *knew* the piece was not being made by a man.

in any case, in respons to another old blog post (spam, actually), I've apparently received a comment from Jamie Scholnick:

I"M A FEMALE! JAIME SCHOLNICK IS NOT A MAN, OK?
Thanks...I realize its spelled like the Spanish pronunciation, but Hello Kitty Gets A Mouth, done by me, and I am a woman!

would many men be lijely to make hk art, especially dwelling on the mouth?

All best,
Catherine

Comments

Popular Posts