So this represents my diving back into last years NaPoWriMo project with a renewed something or other

because of you I'm distraught
mistaught
lost in thought
maladroit

for, you've given up your song
tune
long
tongue
(wrong)

I wish you'd pick it up again
take
remain
refrain

without you I'm gone
was the song wrong?

tensions, tensor
stretching canson
spansions
spanses
mansions

all manner of song I thought I'd given up too trop, dew drop
matter
patterning

glamour long
fronds
I dot
daughter growing up
laughter, throwing up

doubt

when you summon
come on
summer

I can sing
I must sing

if you don't ask, I can't answer
if you don't ask, I can't not stop
if you don't answer, I can't start
part


stretched
I'm stretched too thin
back to the songs you've given up
foregone

tensions
and songs I'd thought I'd forgotten,
I sing when I think of you

how can I refuse to sing

lady, here people say when a lady wants to love
she owes her lover
equal honor
since they're equal in love

they say ladies want to love
their loves equally --
do I want to love my lover
more than that one can discover
over hover
honor

*

lady, it's embracing
bracing

argue askew, a lady should
be higher than the man whom she's made one heart of two

the lady ought to do / exactly for her lover
shoe
as he does for her
dover
doubles
without regard for rank
look out!
between two hearts neither one should rule

*

it's nothing short of treason
reason
treasure
if he says he's her equal and her beggar
peer

short of treason, the reason
I give for liking you, eye to eye, is this ---------

if you love me more (than you did before?)
(than you knew I did?)
your words and acts would show it
by your mouth and by your hands, I'd know it
and if the clam, gam, can jump the tram...poline...

if you're fickle and untrue
can your freckles lie for you?

if you're tickled or when you're blue

hide it with your pretty face
be plus belle

*

when I think of your body and face
corps visage
star miracle body back
I used to kiss and touch -- I'm crazy
caress
I'm lucky I'm not deranged

your body a miracle I stroked, touched
I remember -- I'm insane
(how we fit together)
am I crazy? I's do it all again
despite all this pain
let's arrange

ranging around your bed
(I'd cradle your sleeping head) -- better off dead
I'm lucky I'm not enraged
engaged

*

you take away what I love best
I'll never love you. My unhappiness
is all the rest
you have caused my unrest

How will you endure your ache for me
when nothing tells the grief I feel without you

*

I've never been without desire
since you loved me

there is never a time
I didn't want you often

I never regretted, no, it never happened
you never left angry; you were always feted on your return

you wanted me and so I had it --
that black magic, love --

Comments

Popular Posts