Myriad thanks and praises for Jason Nelson for putting out an interface using some of my words and pictures of my "current projects"

Six of 24 artist interfaces:


>>>URL: http://www.secrettechnology.com/resident/cath.htm <<<


New House Images/Textual excursions by Catherine Daly.
Moving deer in the dusk by Jason Nelson.

Where was I?:
While running an extra help session for my Digital Production course, I propped my laptop on a spare chair in the computer lab and created in those spar moments between answering questions about tech whatnots. My students, I fear, have eyes bigger than their mouths. They so dearly want the technology to magically satisfy their whims, their creative possibilities. Much like the Catherine's house in these pcitures, or within her poetic text, we must work within certain frameworks. And uneasy colloboration between the masonry and our ability to crush stone and align foundations.

On 6/4/05, Catherine Daly wrote:
> Really neat!
>
> All best,
> Catherine Daly
> cadaly@pacbell.net
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: netbehaviour-bounces@netbehaviour.org
> [mailto:netbehaviour-bounces@netbehaviour.org] On Behalf Of Jason
> Nelson
> Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 8:14 AM
> To: netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org
> Subject: [NetBehaviour] RESIDENCY: One of 24 artist interfaces:
> Strickland
>
> One of 24 artist interfaces:
>
>
> >>>URL: http://www.secrettechnology.com/resident/strickland.htm <<<
>
>
> Words by Stephanie Strickland. Galloping letters by Jason Nelson
>
> I am searching for more folks to cover. Have twelve. Need twelve more.
>
>
> Residency description:
>
> Exploring interface and interactive creatures with content grabbed,
> thrust, stolen, and borrowed from new media artists, poets and
> electronic pioneers. Over these 2-3 weeks, I will create twenty-four
> digital extravaganzas, with each one being loosely or closely centered
> on the content, ideas, images and words of others. Think of this as
> ego stroking and translation, a way to connect to those I have never
> met and might not ever meet, and play with ideas of interaction and
> interface. Some have offered their content, others will simply be
> robbed, and all will be enchanted, confused, annoyed and giddily
> stroked.
>
> Bio:
> "As a NET ARTIST, I am apparently diying or dead. With that in mind, I
> bask in my zombie glow, my rotting wires and my urge to bite through
> skulls. I could list those academic and worldly accolades that have
> trophied themselves on my work, but I am only as good as the last
> swirling mess I spit out. I live in Australia with a beautiful woman
> and miss the snow, so miss the snow."
>
> My worlds:
> http://www.heliozoa.com
> http://www.secrettechnology.com
> _______________________________________________
> NetBehaviour mailing list
> NetBehaviour@netbehaviour.org
> http://www.netbehaviour.org/mailman/listinfo/netbehaviour

Comments

Popular Posts