West African Studies By Mary Henrietta Kingsley

West African Studies By Mary Henrietta Kingsley: "literary only Africa I am not proud of my imperfections in English I would write better if I could but I cannot I find when I try to write like other people that I do not say what seems to me true and thereby lose all right to say anything and I am more convinced the more I know of West Africa my education is continuous and unbroken by holidays that it is a difficult thing to write about particularly when you are a student hampered on all sides by masses of inchoate material unaided by a set of great authors to whose opinions you can refer and addressing a public that is not interested in the things that interest you so keenly and that you regard as so deeply important"

Comments

Popular Posts