I would like to read and talk about the long poem in my book, "In Medias Res." A short "woman's epic," it was written using the common end-user software MS PowerPoint, and is designed to "fade to white" or "erase." The work, like several other multi-media projects I am aware of, is based on the writings of heretic Marguerite Porete. Yet, my poem was designed and developed, as well as written, using slide transitions. In this, it is perhaps more similar to Edward Tufte's critique of the influence of ubiquitous end user software on ordinary people or David Byrne's informed embrace of ubiquitous, corporate, and expensive software environments for art-making. Explaining my opinions and practice, then, in context, would be my subject, and my subject's relationship to the conference theme.

Comments

Popular Posts