4.20.2005

I've often wondered what the brokerage accounts of different "senior poets" -- you know, Ron Silliman, Kit Robinson -- look like.


Ron may not get to have one as a Granger employee, so he may have all the best t-bill funds or something.

I know when Bankers Trust asked me to take a giant pay cut, etc. to become an employee to get a second masters (just before I became a Hollywood wife & never got that MBA or PhD Econ) I know the kicker -- what let me dissolve the bad-for-me deal -- was having to rid myself of my brokerage accounts

admittedly not rich ones, but points of pride

I still get lucky beating my finance-major husband out of various fund picking

but rolling to a hands off management today, and it is such ... an amount I wish I'd been able to save *every year* ....

2 comments:

Ron said...

It's Gartner, not Granger, but you're right -- I can't own stocks in the companies I followed (I donated my IBM stock to a drop-in center in the Tenderloin, literally). So I'm strictly a mutual fund guy these days.

Ron

hexadecimals resources said...

I was reading your blog and thought i would mention this free blog hosting site.

Free blog hosting using wordpress. The top blogging tols online and many free templates to choose from. Free hosting. Get your free sex video blog now!

GET FREE BLOG NOW