Do I have a problem with the Tupelo contest? Only one or two.
I think that it is rather misleading to call their newsletter the Poetry Project, as there's a pretty famous newsletter by that name, unless they've bought the name... or are coordinating with Anselm Berrigan now...
Now, it is that they chose a single translation for the fragments, Anne Carson's in fact.
- the one with violets in her lap ( fragment 21)
- if not, winter (fragment 22)
- no more than the bird with piercing voice (fragment 30)
- but all is to be dared, because even a person of poverty (fragment 31)
- you burn me (fragment 38)
- but I to you of a white goat (fragment 40)
- the doorkeeper's feet are seven armlengths long (fragment 110)
- just now goldsandaled Dawn (fragment 123)
- sweetbitter unmanageable creature who steals in (fragment 130)
- gold anklebone cups (fragment 192)