Dear Catherine:

I really liked what David Stromberg was doing, and I hope you'll pass on to
him that his book "Saddies" made me very happy. I also have an idea about
what he could do in some (not all) of any future lecture appearances. For
part of the time, he could put up full-screen images of his comics, without
the text, and then wait 3 or 4 seconds, and then say the text, and the
audience will crack up. This would enable him to duplicate, in the lecture
format, the effect people would experience when they sat and read the
comics. Obviously, that wouldn't work for more than 5 to 7 minutes, after
which he could lecture, but the audience would already have been initiated.

Anyway, I hope that you're very well. It was a lovely evening, I thought,
and really a step forward in the developing Smell series. But when do I get
to see you read?

Yours,

Stan (Apps, who also read from his blog!)

Comments

Popular Posts