the artist statement is an introduction to you, and most viewers rely on you as a way into your art
* Be brief. Two or three paragraphs of no more than three sentences each is a good length for an introductory statement.
* Tell why you create your art and what it means to you.
* Appeal to the emotions. Convey feeling about your art.
Those gosh darn emotions again
* Avoid complex explanations, obscure references, and artspeak.
* Try not to catagorize your work or compare yourself to others.
* Use language that everyone can understand.